I believe what sets me aside from other candidates is that I have both creative and technical strengths, and as I have always been interested in pursuing something that compliments both. I now know that since entering the Web Design industry, that I have found something that suits my aptitudes to a tee. This means I enjoy the entire process of Web Design and Development, from creating a unique design and feel to figuring out how best to develop and produce that design into a finished product.
I take great pleasure in making a website look both beautiful and engaging, while also functioning cleanly and efficiently, by keeping in mind the users experience and interaction. I take pride in my attention to detail, whether it be ensuring my code is written precisely and methodically, or creating my own custom graphics, guaranteeing each of my websites is uniquely tailored to the clients desires and users needs.
I also enjoy organising, problem solving and thinking on my feet, and due to the variety of work experience I’ve had prior to Web Design and Development I have acquired a wide range of expertise. Namely my work in finance and the accounting course I’ve completed, meaning I can therefore understand the commercial aspects of any site I am creating.
I am a fast learner and always eager to master a new skill, especially in an industry that is constantly growing and evolving.
- Wordpress 90% 90%
- CSS 95% 95%
- HTML 88% 88%
- FTP, phpMyAdmin & MySQL 65% 65%
- PHP 40% 40%
- Photoshop 85% 85%
- Illustrator 70% 70%
- InDesign 75% 75%
- Final Cut Pro 60% 60%
KITCHEN ADVERTISING, London – Web Designer & Developer
Aug 2016 – Current
Duties and Skills included:
As well as all the duties and skills outlined in my previous position, currently being the sole member of the digital team has meant I’ve had to branch out and take on more responsibility to fulfil my role within the agency.
This has primarily meant being the digital and technical consultant on all projects that required my knowledge and guidance. Whether it be ensuring images being taken on a photoshoot are correct for the website in question and will work responsively, or advising on the best hosting and web maintenance options to meet our agency’s and client’s needs, I have enjoyed contributing where I can and being involved on all our projects in different ways.
I have especially enjoyed putting my UX knowledge to good use, as I have had to be on hand to advise on all digital projects, most of which required thorough assessments, analysis and recommendations to ensure our clients are given the best possible result.
As the digital and technical consultant it has also meant that it is my responsibility to ensure everyone, most importantly our clients, have a full understanding of every process and our role within it. This has meant being client facing on all digital projects, which has given me a chance to build and refine my sales, presentation and training skills.
LAUNCHSITE, Cape Town – Web Designer and Developer
Nov 2014 – Jul 2016
Duties and Skills included:
- Thorough knowledge of the inner workings WordPress
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Clean, efficient, semantic code
- Broad plugin library knowledge
- Keeping site’s strongly protected from all attacks
- Good general knowledge of SEO
- Very strong troubleshooting capabilities
- Well optimised images and graphics
- Theme tailoring/customisation
- Ensuring a site functionality and fully responsive across all platforms
- Responsibility of comfortably pushing a site live
- Working well within FTP, phpMyAdmin and MySQL
- Building design briefs from clients needs and specifications
- Ensuring a design/website is UX friendly in accordance with user research
- Ensuring a design/website is UI friendly in accordance with the clients needs
- Ensuring any design theme is consistent throughout the website
- Ensuring any layout is clear and simple while still be eye-catching and inviting
- Keeping informed of current trends and new design ideas for inspiration
- Very strong capabilities in Adobe Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Forming, building and maintaining client relationships
- Finding solutions to offer to clients with limitations
- Ensuring all deadlines are met, by both myself, my team and the client
- Overseeing, assisting and teaching all juniors
- Ensuring all payments due by the client are paid promptly
- Keeping organised and efficient records of all media and content used for a site
- Keeping backed up copies of all site files and databases
- Possessing strong organisational and time management skills
- Comfortable building relationships at all levels
- Ability to deal with unexpected changes and initiative to solve problems independently
Reference available upon request
Education & Qualifications